PHP, Oracle and multipage transactions

From: luny <luny_at_sci.fi>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 11:32:15 GMT

Hello, is there a way to store an Oracle session in a PHP session so the transaction would carry over from one page to another?

Initially I thought that using OCIPlogin and storing the connection variable into a PHP session would solve it, but it wasn't the way I had hoped it to be.. Seems that when the current page (.php) has finished executing the Oracle transaction/session is ended.

If there is no way to do that in the current version of PHP, maybe someone has modified the PHP source code to do exactly that ?)

And oh, the environment:
Oracle9i Database with PHP 4.1.1 on a WinNT server. Received on Mon Mar 04 2002 - 05:32:15 CST