How do I become Oracle-ized?

From: Paul Dorris <pdorris_at_frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 00:09:50 -0500

Hello all,

Please don't beat me up cause I am new to Oracle. First let me say I know nothing, well maybe a little, about databases. I just kind of figured out Access and want to explore more, bigger things. I am aware of Oracle and who they are. My question is where do I start? I am somewhat technically knoweledgeable and am fairly fluent around a PC and software. I know no languages yet. All I really want to do is find out suggestion on how to get started so I can make a career change and start at the bottom if I have to. Please be specific in any responses as I am serious about exploring this option for me. I am not looking to be a top end developer. Maybe some day. But for now how do I break in? What do I need to know? That's all. Please send all responses to pdorris_at_frontiernet.net. Thanks to all in advance.

Paul

--
It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing milkbone underwear