Provider for VB? SP% and Oracle version 8.1.5.0.2

From: Sylvie L'Heureux <sylvielh_at_cdrummond.qc.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 10:02:33 -0500

Hello

I get the following message when I'm trying to access Oracle 8.1.5.0.2 with VB6 SP5 :
" Oracle client and networking components where not found. These components
are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed. Microsoft OLEDB provider for Oracle.error no : -2147467259".

Until now, I was using successfully the ADODB.CONNECTION string with
"provider=msdaora;"

What is the problem ? Is it the SP5 that I use. Before I was using SP3/Sp4.

Thank you
Sylvie L'Heureux Received on Sun Mar 03 2002 - 09:02:33 CST