Searching problem

From: Fabio Arduini GPLV <fabio.arduini_at_gplv.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 17:56:21 +0100

I have the follwing problem to solve using oracle 8 I acquire data from an extern source
Some filed of the data may be send in different way (i.e IBM, I.B.M., International Business Machine...)
I wanto to maintain the original data in the data base, and to link them with the similar one present in the database. Whan I need to do a search I want to extract similar and to assign them a match scoring.
Whe an operator (human) recognize that two item are the same (IBM and I.B.M) I want to set up a link for future search. Any of you has any suggestion, it does exist any tools that can help me? Bye and Thank
Fabio Received on Sat Mar 02 2002 - 10:56:21 CST