Should we use 32 or 64 bit Oracle 8i on Solaris 8

From: pmatt69 <pmatt69_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 13:24:43 -0500

I was wondering if there are negative performance implications for running 64 bit Oracle in our production environment. Our DB server is an E280 with 2.5 GB of RAM. Eventually it may have more than 4 GB, and we may want the SGA to grow and occupy that space. What is the biggest SGA that 32 bit Oracle can use?

Thanks,

Matt Received on Fri Mar 01 2002 - 12:24:43 CST