Re: Need a Defense for SPs

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:12:36 -0500

What happens when a database without stored procedures has to be migrated or retired? You now have the application logic repeated in every app that uses the database instead of stored just once in the database and you have to go through ALL the apps to find out what'll have to change to accommodate the new database.

"damorgan" <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us> wrote in message news:3C7E6875.7D8DD6A1_at_ci.seattle.wa.us...
> Work on your resume. You are working with people who are getting their
technology
> advise from reading the newspaper.
>
> What a marvelous way to make a mess.
>
> Daniel Morgan
>

> Jimmy Bond wrote:
>
> > A group at my company is trying to ban the use of Stored Procedures.
Why?