Re: catproc won't run..... HELP!

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2002 16:37:47 -0800

In article <20020227185444.17547.00000951_at_mb-ct.aol.com>, ktyson9426_at_aol.com says...

>Hello.... and thanks in advnce for any assists anyone can offer.....
>
>I want to get RMAN up and running so changed to the rdbms/admin directory and
>logged in with 'connect internal' (I also tried it as SYSDBA).... When I enter
>'@catproc' it just sits there.... I have a data dictionary and this database
>has been up and running for a while..... Can anyone suggest where I can start
>looking to solve my problem?
>
>Much thanks

well, for starters, if catproc.sql wasn't already run on your database, almost nothing would have worked in the first place. Thats plsql support. things like sqlplus and virtually everything else would be complaining constantly.

Second, I'll guess there were other users on the system. Running catproc.sql whilst people are using plsql won't get very far (most likely, it'll just jam the system)...

why are you running catproc.sql ?