Re: Partition Question (8i)

From: bdick <bdick_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:55:10 GMT

Then partition the table as you presented and add an index for the alternate access pattern.

BTW, partitioning is more of a data management thing than it is a performance thing. Partitioning gives you more options for inserting and deleting large chunks of data. The textbook example is time series data. You only insert new data. As the data ages, updates become less frequent. Old data becomes irrelevant and needs to be removed.