Re: password for oracle databse8i

From: Huebner, Matthias <matthias.huebner_at_verkehrsberatung.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:24:09 +0100

Salut

"DealahZ" <thaspecimen_at_hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Vv5f8.15872$%p4.1677195_at_amsnews02.chello.com...
> I have downloaded the Oracle8i database software ,but when I try to log in
> on the sql plus it is asking for a passwd.
> i really don't know what it is!I heard it's a standard passwd.

Please by a good book for oracle dba to learn about oracle. (e.g.: Loney/Koch: Oracle8i Reference - Oracle Press )
> Do anyone the login/passwd?

Yes, everybody is logging in. You got a message during creation of your example database about passwords.

commonly used user/pwd combinations are:

system/manager
sys/change_on_install
internal/oracle

> Thanks!

Matthias Received on Wed Feb 27 2002 - 08:24:09 CST