Re: JavaMail used in Oracle database?

From: Eddie <edawad_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 02:14:48 GMT

"Thomas Kyte" <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com> wrote in message news:a5hcsm01rks_at_drn.newsguy.com...
> Never tried it over the network -- don't see what that could do to it.
Try is

> a) not over the network
> b) using something other then sys (sys is mandatory in 815 but not 816
and up
> for this to work)

I loaded the java zip files into another schema and it works beautifully (after granting a couple of java permissions). The trick is to unzip/re-zip (with no compression) mail.jar and activation.jar and then load them into Oracle.
Thank you very much for your valuable help.

--
Eddie.
http://www.phoenicia21.com/