Re: Learning Personal Oracle8i

From: kam <nospam_at_nospam.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:39:59 GMT

Hello,

Go to amazon.com and do a search for "oracle8i starter kit", without the quotes. There is an Osborne series for Windows NT and Linux - "Oracle8i for Windows NT (or Linux) Starter Kit. There is also a SAMS publication that is similar to the Osborne series. I didn't find the dummies series very useful. You didn't mention the os you're using.

For databases an VBScript there is a WROX series called "ASP Databases". This book is pretty good. There is also an Instant SQL Programming book from WROX.

For perl you can get, from OReilly, the book "Programming the Perl DBI". You can get the DBI module from cpan.org.

If you know SQL then you'll have no time mastering the concepts from these books.

Regards,