URGENT:: Problems Oracle 8i and SQRESUS.DL

From: Stein Andersen <stein.andersen_at_no.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:31:43 +0100

Hi
Any experience with SQRESUS.DLL on Win2K SP2 and Oracle 8i:

        What is it ?
        What is it functions ?
         Is it only for use together with ODBC, or more fundamental ?
        What do we need to reinstall to get it up and running ?

We are experiencing som problems with the SQRESUS.DLL at a customer site in FRANCE. When the customer which are running Oracle 8i at his machine tried to setup an application using Oracle 8.1.7 ODBC driver, he got the message:

    Oracle ODBC Driver = Error Cannot Load Resource File sqresus.dll

The customer did first install the newest version of the ODBC-Driver, without no change. When asked about the "sqresus.dll" in his Oracle\bin catalogue, the customer did not find it, I did send him a copy of my file as a test, which he then copied in. When talking with hime afterwards I was told that the new file (which he had copied) was older than the existing (which he now had found).

To make matter worse, the customer are no longer able to start other applications using oracle databases. How these other applications are connecting to Oracle was a bit uncertain.

We did also make som modifications in TNSNAMES.ORA and LISTENER.ORA files, it seems unlikely that they should have any connection whith above problems. MDAC was also updated to v.2.7.

Thanks
Stein Received on Mon Feb 25 2002 - 12:31:43 CST