Re: Oracle won't take a hint!!! Outer join to a group-by inline view. Any suggestions?

From: Gary <gary_at_moneysuite.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2002 10:18:34 -0800

I don't think that's the issue. It uses the index when it's a simple inner join rather than an outer join. Nothing causes nulls to be considered equal, so the joining condition would never be satisfied by them, so the absence of nulls from the index should not play a role, whether it's an inner or outer join.