OCCI/OCI and aCC compilation problems under HP-UX

From: Kristian Ashton <kristian.ashton_at_t-online.de>
Date: 25 Feb 2002 06:41:42 -0800

Hi All.

I've been writing soem software using the OCCI, and under linux everything compiles and runs just fine. I now need to be able to compile my apps under HP-UX, as our production database is on that platform.

I can't compile my apps or even the demo OCCI apps under HP-UX though ! (although non-occi apps using the aCC compiler compile fine) When I do a "make", I always get the following errors:

Error 134: "/opt/aCC/include/limits", line 101 # Expected 2 arguments for macro 'min'.
static inline T min () RWSTD_INLINE_NO_THROW { return RWSTD_STATIC_CAST(T,0); }
^^^

(few more errors here)

Error 445: "/opt/aCC/include/limits", line 101 # Cannot recover from earlier errors.
static inline T min () RWSTD_INLINE_NO_THROW { return RWSTD_STATIC_CAST(T,0); } To narrow the problem down, I wrote a simple program that just uses cout to print a line to stdout. It compiles fine, except when I include occi.h, then the above errors appear again ! There seems to be a problem once the oci.h header file is included and then afterwards I include C++ standard headers such as <string>.

I am using Oracle9i under HP-UX with aCC version B3910B A.03.13.

Has anyone else had this problem under HP-UX ??

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kristian. Received on Mon Feb 25 2002 - 08:41:42 CST