Installing 9i on Linux

From: Noel Whelan <nwhelan_at_wi.rr.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2002 03:20:24 -0800

On "Linking Oracle Net Required Support Files...", I get the following error:

        "Error in invoking target mkldflags of makefile /$ORACLE_HOME/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk"

I got instructions online for this issue that indicated I ought to get an older version of 'binutils'. I got this older version, & installed it; but I guess that's not good enough (the installer gave me the identical error).

The other option listed is to "Edit the file $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh" to no longer include "-z defs" in the line "LD_SELF_CONTAINED=". I've edited the file as indicated; & I get the following output:

	"$ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh
	cat: $ORACLE_HOME/lib/ldflags: No such file or directory
	Created $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntst9.a"

I go back into the installer to go on, following the instructions, but it gives me the identical error! Obviously, this is not good; but I'm at a loss as to how I ought to get over this issue now...I'd be grateful for further instruction. Thank you,

Noel Whelan Received on Mon Feb 25 2002 - 05:20:24 CST