Re: ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

From: Jon <jnordby_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2002 09:43:36 -0800

Check that the ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are correct in the environment, tnsnames.ora, and the listener.ora - I think the authentication_services =false path pertains to NT domains, not for solaris clients to solaris servers. Also, some folks on metalink have said to cap the sid in these files as well, as well as in the ORACLE_SID environment variable. (see examples below)

It is likely that it is your ORACLE_HOME setting in the tnsnames.ora file, set it to correspond to the server ORACLE_HOME, not the one on the client (from what I can tell), or comment it and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH out altogether. Restart your listener (lsnrctl reload) for changes made to listener.ora.

I don't think this is a system.ini setting issue. jon.

tnsnames.ora:
SRSCOP =
  (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = <hostnamehere>)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =

          (SID = MYSID)
          (SERVER = DEDICATED)
          (ORACLE_HOME = /app01/oracle/product/8.1.7)
          (ENVS = 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/app01/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib')
      )

   )

listener.ora:
LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = myhost)(PORT = 1521))   )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = srscop.world)
(ORACLE_HOME = /app01/oracle/product/8.1.7)
(ENVS = 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH= /opt/app01/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib')
(SID_NAME = SRSCOP)

    )
  )

cgrammes_at_gmx.net (Carsten Grammes) wrote in message news:<3c73ca05.1669187634_at_192.109.199.19>...

> Hello world,
>
> I try to run Oracle 9.0.1.1 on a SUN Ultra 10 (512MB RAM). shared pool
> size is set to 8000000. That results in an SGA:
>
> Total System Global Area   46727408 bytes
>

> When running catproc.sql I see some error messages like:
> grant select on ku$_fhtable_view to public
>                 *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 2
> ORA-04031: unable to allocate 1360 bytes of shared memory ("shared
> pool","select ts#,file#,block#,nvl(...","sql area","kafco : qkacol")
>

> When I connect to the database using sqlplus, the first user succeeds,
> the second one gets a message:
>
> Enter user-name: system
> Enter password:
> ERROR:
> ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
> ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
> SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory
>
> Quest

ion: there seems to a problem with shared memory. I set the