Oracle portal and shadow processes

From: Lc <l.c1_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2002 06:36:29 -0800

Hello,
We have installed Oracle portal 3.0.9.8.2 with 8.1.7.2 on Solaris and are doing some tests. When ONE users connects and starts to open pages and navigates around the system the unix server goes mad. CPU hits 80% user (this is a 4cpu server). The cause is about 70 oracle shadow processes each using about 1% of the cpu. I would have expected Portal to use a single db connection rather than create many. Wehave connection pooling in place.

We have ran sql*trace in the database and the processes see to be executing some Portal pl/sql code.

We have configued IAS to spawn 5 servers on startup so are confident that these shadows are generated by Portal. Any one got any ideas ?

Cheers,
Paul. Received on Fri Feb 22 2002 - 08:36:29 CST