Re: 8i and Discoverer 4.1 on one computer on Win2000

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:27:54 +0100

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 19:25:37 GMT, "--------------/\\ |-|---------------" <jhekkert_at_multiweb.nl> wrote:

>Hello......
>
>We installed Oracle 8i EE on my computer and it works fine, We also
>installed Discoverer into another homedirectory but we Cannot connect to the
>Database in the connectscreen of Oracle. We think it has to do with one of
>the many tsnnames.ora files. How can we let Disoverer point to the same
>tsnnames.ora as 8i does? Or is there something else???????
>

>Can anybody help us or point me into the right directory?
>

>Best regards....
>

>J.W. Hekkert & N Veldt. (students and absolutely newbies in the Oracle
>world)

Some suggestions in order of precedence
1 Read the installation manuals
2 Search the newsgroup archives or use any other FAQ resource of the thousands there are floating around in the Internet. 3 set TNS_ADMIN in the registry

I'm not going to give away more, this question is being asked at least every two days, by people who think the only thing people do here is voluntarily in their own spare free time answering the same boring questions over and over again.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Feb 21 2002 - 15:27:54 CST