Re: Need to search for data in any Field

From: Scott Mattes <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:22:15 GMT

The way I would do it is to

start sqlplus
describe table_name
copy the fields from there to a file editor remove the extraneous stuff

add "= 'Activated'  " to the end of each line
add "where " to the begining of the first line
add "or " to the begining of all the other lines
add "select * from  table_name" as the first line

now, copy all that into the clipboard, or save it to a file and go back to sqlplus and either paste the clipboard contents and type "/" and press enter or "start " the file.