two sessions inserting/updating the same table

From: Tim <tim.bedford_at_ttplabtech.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2002 08:07:58 -0800

Hi,
This must be a very common dBase issue but I don't know what the answer is:

I've got two sessions accessing the same table. They are entering values into seperate fields to make a complete entry. If Session1 sees a half completed entry it UPDATEs the row otherwise it INSERTs in a new row. Session2 does likewise.

But obviously if Session2 querys the table after Session1 has INSERTed but before its COMMITted I'm going to get two partial entries.

I've got a crude solution involving a second table but is there a better way?
thanks

Tim Received on Thu Feb 21 2002 - 10:07:58 CST