Re: immdiate help now please please please

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:51:14 +0300

Yeah, take a closer look at the code and the error and you'll see that AB_TEST.AORDER_DETAIL is not referenced in the code. ORDER_DETAIL is referenced instead. This means that ORDER_DETAIL is a SYNONYM for that ab_test.aorder_detail. But the table to which the synonym points does not exist or you have no permissions to access it. PL/SQL tried to resolve the parameter type and could not find the table, so it stopped processing.

Btw, it's pretty ok to have a synonym that points nowhere. You can't create such synonym directly, but you can create it for existing object with proper permissions, then drop the object or revoke permissions on it and there you have an orphaned synonym.