Re: Creating new database.

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:01:00 GMT

Any DBA can clone an existing instance. But there are some terrible prices to pay:

  1. Inability to resize and redistribute objects based on historical experience.
  2. Inability to convert tablespaces from dictionary managed to locally managed
  3. Inability to learn new skills
  4. A stagnant resume that will make it harder for you to get your next job.

You are being handed a plum. Eat it!

Daniel Morgan