Re: Column name in lower case in 8.1

From: Heinz Kiosk <no.spam_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:07:47 -0000

You can do this with tables too:

Create table "MonTable" ( "MonColumn" number);

However, if you create tables or columns this way you can only use them correct-case and quoted, in any context.

so for example

select moncolumn from montable;
select MonColumn from MonTable;

do not work. Unquoted names get upper-cased in all situations prior to checking for their existence and the Oracle SQL parser regards all names as case-sensitive.

Only

select "MonColumn" from "MonTable" ;

would work for the above table.

I would say in Oracle, unless you really need cased names for some reason, don't use them. They just add an opportunity for error.

bonne chance!