Creating new database.

From: Richard Nield <richard.nield_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:29:10 -0000

Hi...

we have an oracle database in which we hold stock, transaction and contract data for several large stock holding warehouses, for accounting purposes. Each year we freeze the old db and start a new one. This is the first year I have been involved in the creation of the new db....the dba has said he will create the database, but I will have to provide the scripts to create the tables, indexes and constraints. my question is, should he not have a way of cloning the old database to make the new - especially as most of the data is copied from the old to the new?

We are using oracle 8i.....I original database was created using designer in 1999.

Hope that make sense! many thanks for any advise. Received on Wed Feb 20 2002 - 04:29:10 CST