Re: Deleteing archive logs

From: Stephen Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:09:29 -0600

Depending on your backup strategy.
The Archive logs are need if you need to recover to a point in time in the past or to recover after a disk has crashed using your last HOT or COLD backup as a starting point.

If you do not have a plan in place you need to get one. You should test it on a test server.

Refer to the ORACLE Backup and Recovery guide for more iformation.

There is also a Chapter on it in my book: So You Want to be an Oracle DBA.

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com