Re: Sequences?

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:54:24 GMT

I disagree with your premise. What most developers do when there are multiple sources of import is write a before-insert trigger. That way there is no way for the sequence to not be used appropriately. Now I'll grant it is a few more keystrokes than 29 ... but then again it looks a lot better on your resume too so you get a payback.

PS: There is no perfect database just as there is no other perfect tool. I don't care how wonderful a hammer is ... you can't use it to unscrew a bolt.

Daniel Morgan