How to tune SGA settings in Oracle 8i

From: Karsten Riedel <cdsla_at_camelot.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:07:09 +0100

I have Oracle 8.1.6 on a machine with 1GB RAM. I'm running a server application that has about 20 parallel ODBC connections to the database. Nothing else is running on that machine.

What are the optomal settings for Shared Pool, Buffer Cache, Large Pool and Java Pool? I guess I can keep Java Pool small because I'm using ODBC but I'm not sure about the rest.

Thanks in advance

Karsten Received on Tue Feb 19 2002 - 08:07:09 CST