Re: Stupid question: how can I get a DBA job?

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:27:19 GMT

Realistically you can not. If anyone hires you I'd be seriously concerned about what else they've messed up.

Consider this ... there are about 10 experienced Oracle developers for every Oracle DBA. Why would anyone select someone for a DBA position with your background when they have such a large pool of more experienced talent to choose from.

Get a developer position and hold it for 2-4 years while studying what DBAs do in the real world. It is rarely what you learn in classes.

Daniel Morgan