Re: 9i Enterprise Manager Error

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 18 Feb 2002 02:47:30 -0800

"BluegrassGlen" <bluegrassglen_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<s71c8.3001$xG4.815250_at_paloalto-snr1.gtei.net>...
> I'm a newbie.
>
> I just installed Oracle 9i Enterprise. When I try to connect to the sample
> database that Oracle automatically installs using Enterprise Manager Console
> I get the error "ORA-12541:TNS:no listener".
>
> What does this mean and how do I fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help and/or advise you can give me.
> Glen

It means
- you didn't look the error message in the Oracle Server Messages Manual
- you didn't configure and/or started the listener. The listener is not configured automatically during installation. The instatllation procedure most likely starts the Net Configuration Assistant to have you do that. If you skipped that step: bingo!

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Feb 18 2002 - 04:47:30 CST