Oracle and PHP question

From: Michael Segulja <msegulja_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 23:45:00 GMT

Is there an equivalent function in Oracle to mssql_fetch_object? I have a SQL Server database I use for simple invoicing, and I would like to recreate this database with Oracle. I am taking an Oracle class, so basically it would be for practice.

I have a customer table, and a web page to view a list of all customers in the table. Here's basically what I do with the code:

mssql_fetch_object(query string to get the customers) print into a table $row->customer, $row->contact.

How do I choose only the columns I want with the Oracle functions? I understand there is not an equivalent function to get a result set as an object, so the above does not work. Do I just name the columns in my select statement?

Looking at the PHP documentation for OCI8, it looks pretty different from what I'm used to. I really appreciate the help, and any advice on how you guys to it out there in the real world.

Thanks,

Michael Segulja
LMD Computing|Solutions Received on Sat Feb 16 2002 - 17:45:00 CST