Re: looking for a faster imp

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 08:48:50 +0100

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 00:04:08 -0500, C Chang <cschang_at_maxinter.net> wrote:

>I recently began to use the standard exp nd imp to back-up and reload
>our small 8i DB. I found that with the imp, the process took at least 2
>hours to finish my 350MB DB. Comparing others,it is quite small one,
>but it takes too long to restore. I wonder what is the best and faster
>way to restore the db.dmp file, so the process can fulfill future need.
>Thanks
>
>C Chang

Please check out the tips at http://www.oracledba.co.uk

Generally this includes

- specifying buffer= as large as possible
- save the indexes to a separate script
- modify 'logging' in the script to 'nologging'
- importing the data only
- running the script created in the previous step.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Feb 16 2002 - 01:48:50 CST