Re: Stored Procedures and Email

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:06:33 GMT

No. Though since you didn't bother to include the version of Oracle you are using that is a possibility. Do they charge you more to provide information when you ask questions?

Here's what you need to do:
1. At the SQL*Plus SQL> prompt type DESC UTL_SMTP 2. If it is there you will know it. If not ... then it may isn't in your version.
3. If 2 is negative ask the DBA to log on as SYS and check. If they find it they should

     execute the following:
     GRANT EXECUTE ON UTL_SMTP TO <your schema name here>;
4. If you have it and have rights granted to use it ... you may not have access to the mail server.
5. Or you may just have written bad code. Since you didn't bother to post the ORA error

     message ... or your code ... who can say?

Daniel Morgan