Re: Help: How do you restrict user from using sql-plus?

From: <Christopher.Jones_at_oracle.comX>
Date: 15 Feb 2002 12:29:38 +1100

u518615722_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net (Mike F) writes:

> We need to make some of our user only connect to the database through
> forms, or JDBC, but not through sqlplus, is there any way of doing that?

Another solution to add to those already posted is to disable all commands in the Product User Profile table. This is a table that SQL*Plus reads when it connects to a database to determine if a user can execute commands. It won't prevent other applications using commands.

See
http://download-west.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/server.901/a88827/ape.htm#634090

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle Corporation, Australia.