Trigger

From: Richard Nield <richard.nield_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:02:47 -0000

Hi...had a bit of a problem with a trigger today!

 created it at schema level so that a row with a sequence no, user info, action (create, drop etc) and object name were inserted into a table. when new tables, packages etc are created..worked fine. so then decided to created the trigger at database level.

First problem......didn't have dba privilege. so went to see dba...who tried to create the trigger using the system user......had more problems with not able to see the sequence or the table....sorted them out....and then it got worse! When he ran the script to create the trigger, everything froze....could not access the db anywhere...had to take it down in control panel>services.

I know its all a bit vague.....but has anyone got any ideas? Can use the system not create triggers, or is there any I should be aware of when using db level triggers?

 many thanks!

  (oh - it's oracle 8i) Received on Thu Feb 14 2002 - 14:02:47 CST