Re: SQL Help

From: <Christopher.Jones_at_oracle.comX>
Date: 14 Feb 2002 18:53:53 +1100

Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> writes:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:23:55 -0600, Mark Rathbun
> <mark_at_NOSPAMpickerel-lake.net> wrote:
> >The following query works in a SQL*Plus window, but will not compile
> >in a procedure when using it to define a cursor. Here is what I have
> >tried:

> Blank lines are not allowed in SQL statements.

SQL*Plus 8.1 has a SET SQLBLANKLINES command that will allow blank lines in SQL statements. See:

  http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a82950/ch8.htm#1002550

If you have partially entered a SQL statement but decide you don't want to execute it, put a single '.' on a new line.

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle Corporation, Australia.