returning PL/SQL Tables

From: Thomas Ruschival <t.ruschival_at_vivid-md.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:10:18 +0100

Hi,

I wrote an PL/SQL funktion within a Package that returns a PL/SQL table of an predefined recordtype. The function compiles and works. I can write the cotents of this table to standard out from within this function, so I see data exists in this table.
Well, I want to access the results from sql*plus and later from my application. how do I call the function and select from the returnes table? Tell me if I got the whole idea of PL/SQL tables wrong. I chose to write a function because I have too little flexibility with standard SQL views.

best artikel is my package, geraeteliste is my function that requires 3 parameters.

Select * from best_artikel.geraeteliste('2002-02-14 12:00', '2002-02-16 12:00',99) -- doesn't work it looks too simple ;-)

how can I access the table returned?

Thanks thomas Received on Wed Feb 13 2002 - 04:10:18 CST