Re: insufficient privilege to create temp table from stored proc

From: Marc Blum <marc_at_marcblum.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:44:22 GMT

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:17:21 GMT, damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us> wrote:

>The problem, most likely, is that you come from a SQL Server background. There
>is almost no need, I'd say no excuse, for temporary tables in Oracle.

But sometimes they come in handy: we have an app with row level privileges. The rules behind the privileges are quirky and clumpsy, but that's the way the customer wanted it to be. Determining the privileges for each row again and again would be a real performance hog. Now we evaluate the privileges on application startup and store them in a global temporary table. No more problem!

regards
Marc Blum
mailto:marc_at_marcblum.de
http://www.marcblum.de Received on Tue Feb 12 2002 - 14:44:22 CST