Re: How to organize passwords?

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:27:00 GMT

One way that I have used is as follows:

  1. Put them into an ASCII text document.
  2. Zip the document (no password)
  3. Rename the zip file to something that will be ignored by anyone and everyone. On a Windows machine, for example, system.dll. And then put it into c:\winnt\system.

I think you've a pretty safe bet no one will find it, rename it, unzip it, and read it. The best place to hide things ... is in plain sight.

Daniel Morgan