Re: DB Design Dilemma!! One DB or Many DBs??

From: David Cressey <david_at_dcressey.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:59:23 GMT

I think one should never say 'never'. ;)

I've had quite a bit of success with generic logical designs, that just get the tables, views and keys right, and maybe the indexes.

But the output of a logical design is not used to construct a database. It's one of the inputs to physical design. Another input to physical design is the specific database platform.

--
Regards,
    David Cressey