8.1.7 problem with 'rows not found' refreshing links from AutoCAD

From: DocterProcter <docter.procter_at_your.cervix>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:55:08 +0000

I have a weird problem with Oracle that doesn't happen with Microsoft SQL Server. I have an AutoCAD drawing that is linked using the AutoCAD dbConnect function to create labels inside a drawing that pull their content from specified rows in a database.

I can create the AutoCAD link and label templates without problems and I can open the tables from within dbConnect and I can create the labels and pull the data in from the Oracle table. If I then try and refresh the data in the labels by doing either a reload labels or a database synchronize from within AutoCAD I get errors saying that the linked rows cannot be found.

If I am doing this on MS SQL server the reload or synchronize runs fine.

I am not an Oracle expert, so I was wondering if anybody has any ideas. My thoughts were either I may have some kind of timeout problem on the connection or some kind of lock is being set on the rows that the subsequent actions are not able to overcome.

If anybody has any advice and guidance I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Peter Garriock Received on Mon Feb 11 2002 - 02:55:08 CST