Re: Oracle Export File Format

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:48:33 GMT

AFaIK it is not documented, but if you look at it in an editor you can figure it out. Other than for academic resins why? Every version of Oracle comes with the tool. It is not an extra charge item. Why would you want to build it yourself? It is a format that will work across platforms and versions of Oracle (provided you use the lowest version of the tool between platforms eg 816 export into 9 database using the 816 export tool. or using the 8.1.6 export tool export a 9i database into an 816 database.) Jim