SQL question: worsts and bests

From: Marc E <jonnycattt_at_cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 12:20:15 -0800

Greetings.

Let's say I have a table that tracks the progress of journal articles from the time the article is edited until the time it's printed. There are about 5 different stages of data that are recorded (time to edit, time to create page proofs, time for author to review proofs, etc.).

And then let's say I want to run a report on this data that shows the top 10 articles in terms of time per stage, like so:

10 articles that took the least time to edit. 10 articles that spent the least time with an author. and so forth....

and then let's say I wnat to run a report that shows the opposite:

10 articles that took the longest to edit. 10 articles that spent the most time with author. and so forth...

How would one do this in Oracle?

Marc Received on Sun Feb 10 2002 - 14:20:15 CST