Re: Unable to run Oracle 8i on WXP

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 17:13:21 +0100

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 14:50:39 GMT, "Larry Guzik" <larry_at_stwork.com> wrote:

>Oracle 8i installs and initially runs fine on WXP. But when I reboot my P/C I can not get 8i to to start up again. I never had this problem with 8i on WNT or W2K only with WXP.
>Does anyone have any ideas.
>Thanks,

When was Oracle 8i released?
And when was XP released?
Did Microsoft ever build 100 percent downwards compatible software? So did Oracle certify 8i for Win XP?

You'll need Oracle 9i on Win XP professional

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Feb 10 2002 - 10:13:21 CST