Re: Oracle Data Control in VB 6

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 00:38:59 +0100

"wasichu" <bdostal_at_state.mt.us> wrote in message news:b20d0721.0202071423.40d7abc7_at_posting.google.com...
> I am attempting to use the Oracle Data Control (ORADC.OCX) to hit a
> stored procedure in 8.1.7. The stored procedure returns 3 items; here
> is the recordsource call for the control:
>
> Begin EMPLOYEE_PKG.GETEMPLOYEELIST(:O_EMID, :O_FIRSTNAME,
> :O_LASTNAME); end;
>
> Now... I've searched all over & I know this can be done all in code
> behind the VB form. That's not what I'm trying. I would like to see
> if I can hit the DB stored procedure and then link a grid to the
> results. (no hand coding behind the scenes at all... that'd be
> cheating :-)
>
> Sounds simple, but I am getting the following error when I start up
> the VB form (before the form itself even shows):
> "SQL execution error: ORA-01008: not all variables bound."
>
> Ideas on how to fix? Oracle help really is poor in these types of
> areas. If I go to the "DataBindings" option on the control's property
> sheet (why would I need to do bindings in this simple ex.?), I get the
> same ORA error & then see a VB "Data Access" error.
>
> Using--> Oracle 8.1.7 (server on an NT box, my client on Win95
> machine), VB 6
>
> Brian
> bdostal_at_state.mt.us

The error means the select has more bind variables than you are providing to it.
If none of your variables is optional and has a default, this can easily happen.
Oracle help is only poor when you don't query the Oracle Server Messages Manual. You can query that at http://tahiti.oracle.com

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker