Oracle Data Control in VB 6

From: wasichu <bdostal_at_state.mt.us>
Date: 7 Feb 2002 14:23:52 -0800

I am attempting to use the Oracle Data Control (ORADC.OCX) to hit a stored procedure in 8.1.7. The stored procedure returns 3 items; here is the recordsource call for the control:

Begin EMPLOYEE_PKG.GETEMPLOYEELIST(:O_EMID, :O_FIRSTNAME, :O_LASTNAME); end;

Now... I've searched all over & I know this can be done all in code behind the VB form. That's not what I'm trying. I would like to see if I can hit the DB stored procedure and then link a grid to the results. (no hand coding behind the scenes at all... that'd be cheating :-)

Sounds simple, but I am getting the following error when I start up the VB form (before the form itself even shows): "SQL execution error: ORA-01008: not all variables bound."

Ideas on how to fix? Oracle help really is poor in these types of areas. If I go to the "DataBindings" option on the control's property sheet (why would I need to do bindings in this simple ex.?), I get the same ORA error & then see a VB "Data Access" error.

Using--> Oracle 8.1.7 (server on an NT box, my client on Win95 machine), VB 6

Brian
bdostal_at_state.mt.us Received on Thu Feb 07 2002 - 16:23:52 CST