Data transfer problem....plz reply soon

From: Himansu <m.himansu_at_sify.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2002 22:48:22 -0800

Hello !

We have a system in which the same database is running in several Client machines(desktops) on Personal Oracle. We have another machine(say server)with the same database which is connected
(through dial-up network connection) to each of the client machines in different times during the day.
The need is to transfer all the new transactions to the database on the server
from each of the client machines when the connection is on.

One approach for this as I see is to send the dmp file(incremental export)
to the server each time the connection is on and then to import this file on the server.
But this involves manual work at both the ends.

Is there any other way in which the transactions can be updated in the server
without much of manual work involved ???

I need the solution early, so need your comments/suggestions soon.

Thank you in advance.
Himansu Received on Wed Feb 06 2002 - 00:48:22 CST