Re: observation...

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 22:23:10 GMT

I find it hard to get irritated. My first reaction is usually ... don't they teach those SQL Server types to read in school? Then I wonder who could possibly have hired them to do Oracle without even giving them a hint that Oracle is not just SQL Server with another company's name on the CD.

You see ... I just keep the perspective that I am being paid preposterous amounts of money to clean up after the messes they make. And the sun comes out, the air is fresh, the birds start singing, and all is good with the universe. <g>

But, with respect to snippets you posted ... the person that wrote it is totally clueless about relational database architecture, tuning, and adminstration. And possibly quite a bit else ... who can say?

Daniel Morgan