Re: Lost controlfile

From: Stephen C Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2002 07:35:42 -0800

"Amadou O. Wane" <amadouW0000_at_email.uophx.edu> wrote in message news:<a3fnt2$188stf$2_at_ID-18576.news.dfncis.de>...
> Hello,
> I lost the controlfile for my database and can't start the db. Is there a
> way out of this predicament?
>
> Thanks

Hi,
you must either go to your last backup of your control file and use 'recover database using backup control file'

or use the create control file command.

I would suggest you configure your database to have at least 2 and perferable 3 control files.

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com Received on Sun Feb 03 2002 - 09:35:42 CST