Re: Personal Oracle Install Failed, but still wants a Password

From: hmmmmm <bumbojumbo_at_o.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 22:28:50 -0500

Hey, this Newbie is getting up to speed fast!

It appears that what happened during the install is that PWDSID.ora and INIT.ora were not created.

Well, following the CD-Pack
http://docs.oracle.com/DOCS_DOT_PDF_Storage/a88734.pdf  for 8i Personal Edition Administrator's Guide, showed me how to create the password file. But when it comes to creating the INIT.ora file there is no "C:\........." command line shown at all!

So...how do I create an INIT.ora file?

...from the help file...
2. Set the INIT.ORA file parameter REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE to EXCLUSIVE or SHARED. Definitions for all possible values are described below:

<...no command line to show how to do it...>