Re: duplicated object

From: DStevens <dstevens_at_navidec.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 14:30:35 -0700

I have seen this twice before. Once with Oracle 7.x and once with Oracle 8.x.

Somehow, something got fouled up. Normally the tablename would only be in UPPER case in the catalog. I suspect it happened when a 3rd party package ran a script through odbc/jdbc to create the schema ...

To fix it I had to update the underlying table in the catalog, then drop the table and recreate it normally. Don't remember the table name that I had to update, check out dba_views for user_tables to find the name. Something like $xtab ...